- 08:00AM - 09:00AMRegistration, Coffee & Networking.
- 09:00AM - 09:10AMChairs Opening Comments
- 09:10AM – 09:30PMA Zero Net NHS - The National Perspective
- 09:30AM - 09:50AMHealthcare and the Built Environment.
- 09:50AM - 10:10AM2021 National Food Review
- 10:10AM - 10:30AMResponse to the Food Review
- 10:30AM - 10:40AMQuestion and Answer Session
- 10:40AM - 11:10AMMorning Coffee & Networking.
- 11:10AM - 11:15AMChairs Comments
- 11:15AM - 11:35AMNational Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness 2021
- 11:35AM - 11:55AMSmart cleaning: the best defence against hospital-acquired infection
- 11:55AM - 12:15PMWellness for Less…?
A discussion by Trend Controls around the benefits of Wellness Solutions and if these solutions come at a cost to energy, resource, and budgets.
John Dorward, UK/I Senior Design Partner – Healthcare Vertical
- 12:15PM - 12:25PMTransition
- 12:25PM - 12:55PMPublic Sector Workshop 1: Patient Transport: Creative and collaborative approaches to commissioning and provision
- 12:25PM - 12:55PMPublic Sector Workshop 2: The Importance of correctly segregating waste in the NHS
- 12:55PM - 13:55PMLunch, Networking and Poster Viewing
- 13:55PM - 14:25PMIndustry Leaders Workshop 1: The Technology Is There - Why Aren't We Using It?
Demonstrating how healthcare FM can emulate Uber, and others, in leveraging IoT (the Internet of Things) and deliver results in -
1. Operational Flow: supporting and empowering frontline professionals in portering, cleaning, and other key FM-functions;
2. Automation: technology-enabled task-management; and
3. Tracking: leveraging RTLS (real-time location-services) to 'keep-tabs' on essential equipment, materials and people.
Sean Boulton, Operational Services Manager, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Stephen Boyle, Solution Director, TeleTracking TechnologiesSpeakers:
- 13:55PM - 14:25PMIndustry Leaders Workshop 2: Switchable ‘Smart Glass’ In Hospital Hygiene-Management
Utilization of switchable smart glass in EBD healthcare facilities promotes spaces that are more hygienic and easier to clean for reduced HAI rates while providing light filled privacy solutions that provide acoustic sound reduction for patient well -being and enhanced recovery. Join us to learn about smart glass technology, its use cases in various hospital spaces (patient rooms, operating galleries, offices, more), and ease of specification and implementation.
Roger Cleave – Director: Tecdur
Tecdur / Gauzy partnershipSpeakers:
- 14:25PM - 14:35PMTransition
- 14:35PM - 15:05PMIndustry Leaders Workshop 3: The Future of Bed Reprocessing to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections
Traditional methods of managing patient-bed-hygiene present huge time, logistical, employee-safety, infection-control and compliance challenges, for hospitals (manual-handling procedures in the bed-washing-process; dealing with potential contamination; patient-bed drying-time; overall co-ordination of bed-reprocessing, etc). This workshop will help signpost the pathway to OSKA’s 100/100 vision – 100% clean, 100% of the time - for hospital facilities teams, moving towards an automation-supported ‘total-bed-management’ approach, whilst promoting a gold standard for IPC, reducing costs and increasing efficiency.Speakers:
- 14:35PM - 15:05PMIndustry Leaders Workshop 4: What role can facilities-management professionals play to improve patient journey, experience and wellbeing?
Understanding the patient journey and acting on their feedback is more important than ever. Find out how we can use data to give patients even better experiences.
Militsa Pribetich-Gill - Head of Product – Patient Experience : Sodexo
Marwyn O’Keeffe - Global Head of Client and Consumer Insight : SodexoSpeakers:
- 15:05PM - 15:35PMAfternoon Coffee, Poster Viewing and Networking
- 15:35PM - 16:05PMLaundry is back on the agenda
- 16:05PM - 16:25PMThe Illusion Of Choice: Understand Patient Experience of Hospital Food
A project to understand patient experience of food delivery and how the patient was ‘centred’ in food choice and their experience was developed in 2018, by social scientists, Dr Kathy Doherty, Dr Kerry McSeveny and packaging ergonomist Professor Alaster Yoxall of the Culture and Communication Research Institute. This followed on from work by Yoxall looking at patient experience of packaged food in the hospital environment which raised some complex questions about how food made patients feel, how patient choice was made, why patients did not get the food they were supposed to and how the ‘system’ connected together.
- 16:25PM - 16:35PMQuestions and Answers
- 16:35PMClose of Conference